Fall and Winter Make-up routine and favourites!!

Fall Winter make-up routine - Favorite beauty products - In My Dreams Fashion Blog

Fall Winter make-up routine - Favorite beauty products - Fenty pro filt'r soft matte long wear foundation

Fall Winter make-up routine - Favorite beauty products - Nars creamy radiant concealer

Fall Winter make-up routine - Favorite beauty products - Anastasia beverly hills contour kit

Fall Winter make-up routine - Favorite beauty products - blush - Nars - tarte - M.A.C

Fall Winter make-up routine - Favorite beauty products - Hourglass ambient strobe lighting powder

Fall Winter make-up routine - Favorite beauty products - Anastasia beverly hills dip brow pomade

Fall Winter make-up routine - Favorite beauty products - Urban Decay Naked basics

Fall Winter make-up routine - Favorite beauty products - Lancôme monsieur big mascara

Fall Winter make-up routine - Favorite beauty products - M.A.C. satin lipstick Myth

Fall Winter make-up routine - Favorite beauty products - In My Dreams Fashion Blog

When it comes to make-up I am definitely no expert even though I took a class on make-up, no matter, I'm no pro. During the Summer months I tend to barely wear anything on my face as I just feel gross with it being hot and sweaty and as well as with a glow from the sun I tend to feel a bit prettier without anything. So I will normally only wear tinted moisturizer, lipstick and I never leave the house without doing my brows!!

But when it comes to the colder months of the year, so like around September I will start to go into my full on make-up look. But I still tend to rotate between the same products everyday. Some of the products I am using are new and some are old favourites so I will let you know as we go.

I will also be doing a skincare routine post very soon, so you can see what I do before I do my make-up then.

1. So I don't actually have a full size primer which I really should get, any suggestions welcomed, but I have been using a sample I got of the Hourglass Veil minimal primer, so that is first before I apply my foundation.

2. For my foundation I have been using for the last coupe of months the Fenty pro filt'r soft matter long wear foundation which I have been loving and that is saying something since before that I only used my Estēe Lauder double wear foundation before that and has been a lone time favourite but this Fenty foundation is just as good or maybe even better so I highly recommend it!!

3. I then move on to concealer which again, I am testing out a new one, the Nars radiant creamy concealer which seems to be fine and do the job but nothing about it is screaming amazing to me!! But I have heard really good things about the matte one so I will try that one next. I use it under my eyes and to hide any spots or redness since I have fair skin and get red very easily.

4. Next I use my contour kit from Anastasia Beverly Hills. I have first been using the more yellow highlight just as a powder after the foundation and concealer, I find it is another great way to hide any redness then I move onto contour in the middle least dark tone, which I use right under my cheekbones, on the outside of my temples and forehead, my jawline and on my nose.

5. Then I move to blush which I have been loving blush these days and I have been rotating between 3 different ones, Tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in party (which is my newest one), M.A.C powder blush in frost and Nars orgasm depending on my mood and what look I am going for. I also love using them as eye shadows too.

6. Hightlighter is next and is one of my favourites when it comes to make-up. For a long time I have been using the glow kit of Anastasia Beverly Hills, but it is very sparkly so if I am in the mode for something lighter then I will use my new Hourglass ambient strobe lighting powder in brilliant which I had been wanting to try forever and I like it, or I will use my Nars illuminator in hot sand which I actually really love but I am on empty basically. Sometimes I will even pair them all together or use them in different areas.

7. Now the #1 most important product for my face, my Anastasia beverly hills dip brow pomade. I have sparse brow hairs especially the end part so I need a brow product that really fills in everywhere. This pomade is great for that, I have been using it for years and years. I don't really know any other good brow products, I wouldn't actually mind trying a pencil to see if I could do hair strokes and see if it would work on me but for now I am happy with this and never go anywhere without my brows done. I feel naked without it!!

8. Now for the eyes, I love my Urban Decay Naked basics palette. I use W.O.S as a base and Venus as a highlight. Then depending on the day and what kind of eye make-up I want sometimes I will use Faint, brown tones look good on me. Same goes for eyeliner, it depends on the look what I use, but normally I use a brown gel liner which is just an old one, don't know the brand.

9. Then I use a eyelash curler before applying my mascara and I am not too picky about my mascara, as long as it gives me a thick, bold look then it is great. Right now I am trying out the Lancôme monsieur big which definitely achieves that.

10. Last but not at least is lipstick, which is actually just as important to me as my brows. If you know me then you will know I don't like my natural lip colour, though I have been getting better at having a more natural nude lip colour on that I have been loving at the moment. So I have been rotating between Urban Decay glide-on lip pencil in Walk of Shame and another very old one which I don't know the name and brand, but it is closer to my lip colour. Then I usually use my ALL time favourite which I have used FOREVER my M.A.C. satin lipstick in Myth, it's my signature. Then sometimes I will just use a pencil or put a gloss overtop, but 99% of the time it is Myth!!

All right, if you made it too the end then THANK YOU. It was fun to share this and please if you have any make-up recommendations, I would love to hear them!!

Comments

  1. I have myth but I never wear it because it's so light! I usually mix it with another colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is really light but that's what I like about it. I have never really been into my lip colour and I like it sort of blending in with my skin!!! I know that's a bit weird, but I love it!! lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts