How to have a good day

How to have a good day - Positive mind - Positive life - In My Dreams
(This picture is back from our Europe trip in Summer - Northern France)

Everyday should be a good day. Things happen in life to bring us down some times but we shouldn't let those things take away our happiness. So I want to tell you 5 things you should do in the morning to start off your day and to remember through out the day to stay positive and happy.

1. Be grateful - I don't always remember to do this but I am trying everyday to say to myself what I am thankful for. My family, the roof over my head, the amazing view from my apartment, the health of myself and family and friends. Remembering to be grateful and give thanks for all the good you have in your life is sure way to start your day of right.

2. Replace negativity with positivity - It is easy to think of the negative side to things, so instead try to look at the positive. So if you wake in the morning having to go to work early, instead of dragging yourself out of bed, think about the fact that you got the evening off to relax instead. Looking through the negative to find the positive can be hard but you can do it in any situation and I promise it will help your mood and attitude the more you do it.

3. Do something that makes you happy - Start off your day with a good cup of coffee and reading that book you love or going for a run, whatever it is that you love that puts a smile on your face and puts you in a good mood, Do that!!! Don't be apologetic, do what you need to, to be happy.

4. Do something nice for someone - When I am walking to work in the morning and there is someone who needs help keeping the door open, doing little acts of kindness like that is an instant uplift to the rest of your day. This including the ones closest to us, don't forget to show some love to your significant other or family.

5. Take care of yourself - Give yourself some slack, not everything is going to be perfect, so set aside those unrealistic goals or expectations and just have fun. Goof around and be yourself, don't let others bring you down. Remember that you are human, you are not perfect so just be you, don't worry, laugh, smile and treat yo self!!!! Once you start taking better care of yourself, you will be happier and you can take better care of others as well.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts